Graduate students and young professionals from 6 European countries and 3 ENP countries participated at the 2nd edition of the eseia International Summer School on Sustainable Smart Metropolitan Regions of Tomorrow, held from 14th to the 27th July 2014, at the Solar House of the Campus of the Transilvania University of Braşov.
ISS 2014 participants and Brigitte Hasewend, eseia Director. Photo courtesy of Mircea Neagoe
Top scientists and EU experts lectured and guided participants on their work to develop top-notch projects concerning innovative renewable energy solutions in smart metropolitan regions:
- Prof. Anca Duta, Professor, Head of the Advanced Materials Laboratory, Transilvania University of Braşov, RO
- Mag. Dir. Brigitte Hasewend, Director of eseia, AT
- Prof. Ion Visa, Professor and General Director of the Research&Development, Institute of the Transilvania University of Braşov, eseia Vice President, RO
- Prof. Gintaras Stauskis, Professor in Urbanism and Sustainable Development, Department of Urban Design, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, LT
- Prof. Lothar Fickert, Professor, Head of Institute of Electrical Power Systems, Graz University of Technology, AT
- Mag. Manfred Spiesberger, Project Manager and Researcher at the Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI), AT
- Dr. Richard Wheeler, eseia EU Project Manager, UK
- Prof. Teresa Ponce de Leão, Professor at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of the Faculty of Engineering, University of Porto, CEO of LNEG Lisbon, PT
- Prof. Yoram Krozer, Professor at the University of Twente and Director of Sustainable Innovations Academy, NL
For more information on the event, please visit the eseia ETP website!