go back

EIT´s call for KICs in Urban Mobility, eseia is Now Recruiting Partners

01.07.2017

written by Daria Delnevo, eseia Communication Manager

eseia members have until September 30th  to express their interest for EIT’s upcoming Call for Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) in European Urban Mobility. 40 Mio. €/year is the estimated project volume that each of the Co-Location Centres have, to tackle transport, urban planning, environmental issues and information and communication technologies.

The European Sustainable Energy Innovation Alliance (eseia) is accepting expression of interests from potential partners for the creation of a proposal on the upcoming Call for Knowledge and Innovation Communities on Urban Mobility (KIC-UM). The call, to be launched in early 2018 by the European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT), aims at achieving a resource-efficient, environmentally-friendly European transport system that benefits citizens, society and the economy. Therefore, during the current feasibility stage eseia will look for interested stakeholders, who are able tackle the four dimensions of urban mobility mentioned in the call, namely transport, urban planning, environmental issues and information and communication technology (ICT).

KIC_web.pngWhile eseia has already arranged meetings with several partners, new ones are needed to ensure the integration of the innovation cycle in the implementation of a new, safer, smarter and more inclusive urban mobility system. Expressions of interest from potential partners are welcomed until Friday, 29 September 2017.

For the next 7 years, KIC-UM  will set up an enterprise composed of 7 to 10 Co-Location Centres (CLCs) coordinated by one Innovation Hub. In order to boost innovation in urban mobility, EIT will provide 25% seed funding and requires partners to generate the rest 75% from other sources. On average the total budget for each CLC has been estimated to be around 40 Mio. €/year. KIC on Urban Mobility draws on a solid technological and industrial base and offers a potential for new products and services in particular in the fields of sustainable planning and eco-industries.

Participants will have the opportunity to have an impact at regional and national level by operating within a larger European urban mobility enterprise. Furthermore they will have the opportunity to create new business solutions that will improve local and regional economic environments.

For more information about the call, please contact:

Brigitte Hasewend
eseia Director
brigitte.hasewend@eseia.eu